Saturday, July 9, 2011

Mmmac and Cheese

I've always thought vegans were crazy. I mean no milk or cheese? Ahhh how does one survive? Well I've decided to challenge myself, and so I will be eating vegan for the next 2 weeks or maybe longer.

So what a better way to begin my vegan challenge than with a blog post about my dad's macaroni and cheese. Ahh, it's torture just looking at it. I made this mac and cheese a while ago and I've had the picture just sitting on my computer for weeks. Though why should I keep it to myself. So here it is...


Mmmmm, sadly the recipe my dad made up for me at the time was not cheesy enough for my liking but I've found that what is written bellow works perfectly. 

Dad's Mac & Cheese

For the sauce:
4 Tbsp of butter
1/4 cup of flour
3-4 cups of milk
3 cups of cheddar
1/4 cup of goat cheese
2 tsp worchester
1/4 parmesan cheese (it can be the the dried stuff)

For the topping:
1 Tbsp melted butter
3/4 cup of bread crumbs (rice crispies and potato chips work great too)

1. Melt the butter and combine with flour
2. Whisk in milk and microwave for 2 minutes
3. Whisk and combine remaining ingredients
4. Microwave for 5 minutes and stir
5. Cook pasta and set oven at 400℉
6. Combine sauce and pasta in a lightly greased casserole dish
7. For the topping, combine butter and bread crumbs and sprinkle over the pasta and sauce
8. Cover and bake for 15 minutes
9. Remove cover and bake for another 5 minutes

I will continue posting some 'non-vegan' foods (there is slight build up of photos) along with some new yummy vegan recipes. Please let me know if you try out this recipe and how it turned out for you!


No comments:

Post a Comment