Monday, April 11, 2011

Soba Noodles

These next two posts will be a little delayed.
Soo, last Friday I was feeling adventurous and wanted to try soba. For those of you who don't know soba is a japanese buckwheat noodle. I prepared the noodles hot with sesame seeds.

Though I haven't tried the noodles cold it seems to be a fairly popular way of preparing soba. I found the soba to be a bit sour which made it a lot more interesting in comparison to a typical noodle, as it doesn't really need a sauce to add flavour. The sour taste likely won't appeal to everyone. My sisters tried some and found the sour taste a bit too much.

Keeping with asian cuisine I made some crispy tofu triangles with asian dipping sauce.

These however I found rather disappointing. They were quite bland and the taste of tofu that I quite enjoy wasn't quite there. In addition I found the asian dipping sauce a bit too watery, it didn't stay on the triangles. It was a lot better with sweet and sour sauce but the sauce was all you could really taste.


No comments:

Post a Comment