Saturday, April 30, 2011

A crowd of two - Smore Jar Cakes

This Friday night consisted of me and a friend playing tennis, watching Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows Part 1 and making these cute smore cakes in a jar.
May I just say, oh my goodness this is such a creative, tasty recipe! When I found it roaming about foodgawker.com I immediately thought of the family cottage. Though I will run the second I hear the buzzzz of a mosquito I'm willing to risk a couple bites for a smore down at the campfire. For those of you that may not know a smore consists of a toasted marshmallow and a piece of chocolate sandwiched between two gram crackers. Yum.

So these cakes are exactly that in cake form and they're huge! They also turned out quite nicely though not quite cooked enough, oops, I couldn't wait any longer! That aside they were great.

I think that these would be great for a picnic. Everyone gets their own jar of cake, no plates with cake sliding of them required. Plus they pack really easily, just pop the lid of the mason jar back on and throw them in your bag with forks and spoons!

No comments:

Post a Comment