Monday, May 30, 2011

Tales of Lemon Squares and Spring Rolls

Hello! Hope everyone had a fantastic weekend I definitely did and though it was a busy one I still got the chance to cook a bit ;) Friday between singing lessons and homework I tried a recipe for lemon squares for my mum's book club. They tasted excellent and were and definitely satisfied mum's constant lemon craving!

So for anyone who wants it here's the recipe.

For crust
1 cu flour
1/8 tsp salt
½ cu confectioner’s sugar
8 tbsp butter, melted but not hot
For filling
2 lg eggs
¾ cu sugar
1 ½ tbs. flour
6 tbs. juice from 2 lemons
2 tsps finely grated lemon rind
Oven 325.…cook crust for 20 min.
Spray an 8 x 8 first and then fit an 8 inch by 16 inc. foil over the bottom and
Up the sides it is much easier to get out of pan.
Press crust into pan and bake 325 for 20 min. (I found it took a little longer)
While baking whisk eggs, sugar, flour and lemon juice and zest in a bowl.
Remove pan from oven and pour mixture over and bake until just
Set about 20 min. Let cool in pan for a few min.
And then put on a rack for further cooling.


I also managed to make some vietnamese spring rolls in the last few hours of the weekend to pack for my lunch today. I've never attempted these so the first two or so were a mess. No surprise that no one took those two for lunch. Though I forgot to buy cilantro they were still great and once I got going, super quick to make. Sadly I didn't get any pictures of them this time but I can promise you that they will be remade and they'll get they're own post.

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment